Chipotle Honey Glazed Carrots
This is a great side dish that the whole family- including my now slightly picky toddler- all love. The chipotle gives a nice smoky balance to the sweetness without too much spice. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch chipotle powder
2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 350 F and put a small pot of water on the stove to boil.
1. Wash carrots and pat dry. With a potato peeler or sharp knife, peel the outer layer off each carrot and dice into 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Place carrots in boiling water for 7 minutes to soften them. Remove from heat and drain water completely off but leave carrots in the pot.
3. Add butter to the hot carrots and toss with a spatula to coat evenly. Sprinkle all listed ingredients on evenly over the carrots. Reserve 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
4. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil and add seasoned carrots in an even layer. Make sure to get all of your seasonings out with your spatula!
5. Pop this into your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle the last teaspoon of brown sugar evenly on top and put back into the oven.
7. Turn the oven broiler onto HIGH.
8. Watch your carrots. Every oven is different, but you only want the sugar topping to melt and start to caramelize a bit, not burn. Approximately 2 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and serve!